The Welwyn Street Market is held every year from 9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Saturday morning of the opening weekend of Welwyn Festival Week. It’s one of our most popular events, drawing crowds from miles around.
There are appromimately 60 stalls with cakes, sweets, plants, tombola and other games, hand-made jewellery, gifts, bric-a-brac plus representatives from local charities and organisations supporting people, cats, badgers, etc. There are activities for all ages.
There is entertainment, too: we’ve had dancers, drummers and music from the hurdy-gurdy man. The door to St. Mary’s Church leads directly from the Street Market. Inside, you can find more musical events which include local school choirs, plus refreshments. Local pubs join in with special menus and morning coffees and there are demonstrations and art exhibitions nearby.
At the Street Market, you can purchase raffle tickets for the Grand Prize Draw and the Duck Race, traditionally held the following Saturday at the Family Fun Day. Below are some photographs from previous Street Markets. Visit our recent photos! Scroll down some more to enquire about booking a stall for 2017.
Renting a space at the Street Market
Price list for the Street Market, 2017:
- For local or charitable organisations (i.e. schools, clubs etc.)
£12.00 for a single table, but only £18.00 if you require two together.
- For commercial sales / exhibits
£18.00 for a single table; £24.00 for two together.
- We have provision for up to 60 tables. If you intend bringing your own table, please indicate below.
- Setting up can start from 8.00am – please do not arrive earlier.
- The road will be closed from 8.45am and cars are NOT allowed in again until 12.30pm.
Please email us in the first instance: