WF2016 Charity: Herts Society for the Blind
The Hertfordshire Society for the Blind
“Supporting and empowering people in Hertfordshire with a visual-impairment”.
The Woodside Centre, The Commons,
Welwyn Garden City,
The Hertfordshire Society for the Blind is a locally based charity. They are in contact with over 4,000 visually impaired people who receive one or more of their services.
- Advocacy services (provided by partners at POhWER)
- Community exhibitions
- Computer classes
- Counselling services
- Gadgets – demonstration and supply of specialist equipment to assist daily living
- Home visits by staff and volunteers and befriending services
- Hospital service providing support in eye clinics
- Information via our sight-line newsletters and website
- Reading clubs
- Social Activities
- Telephone advice line
- Training for those who come into contact with the visually-impaired
- They also have good and well established links with other organisations that clients are referred to.
For further information please phone 01707 324680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website: www.hertsblind.com
Registered Charity Number 1047148
Company Registration Number 3033089