WF2017 Charity: Parkinson’s
Welwyn Hatfield Branch, Parkinson’s UK
The Welwyn Hatfield Branch is a lively and friendly group of local people who are concerned with Parkinson’s. Most of the members either care for someone with the condition or have it themselves.
Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month (except August) at:
Douglas Tilbe House, Hall Grove, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 4PH
7:30PM – 9:30PM
- The Evening Meetings are varied with Social Events and Speakers.
- We also hold Social Afternoons at Douglas Tilbe House on a Wednesday, where we play Carpet Bowls, Board Games or just relax and chat.
- Exercise Classes designed for those with Parkinson’s are held fortnightly.
- Carer’s Lunches are arranged quarterly at The Dutch Nursery Hatfield.
Art Classes are also available and are held in Welwyn Garden City.
- We are currently in a position to offer Respite on a limited basis whilst finances permit.
- We also organise outings to places of interest.
Some of the Welwyn Festival Week profits will be used to support the local branch of Parkinson’s.